To perform daily tasks, connect employees and meet its ultimate mission of securing the nation, the Defense Department must provide uninterrupted access and performance to servicemen and women. But providing critical data will require better, more reliable network access powered by modern virtualization and security technologies.
However, data storage, transport challenges, siloed departments and the absence of joint interoperability have all presented serious challenges to modernizing DoD’s network. In three lessons, this course explains:
- The current state of DoD’s IT.
- Why it needs to modernize the agency’s networks.
- How a digital network architecture can facilitate that change.
The content of this course was informed by Cisco experts, Carl De Groote and Karl Dalstad. To learn more about network modernization at the Defense Department, check out these resources:
- Network Modernization at DoD: Breaking Down What You Need to Know
- Defense and National Security with Cisco
Thank you to Cisco for this public sector resource.