Human-Centered Design is making an impact throughout government at all levels: federal, state and local. As you get started using HCD at your agency, you’ll likely need some insider tips to get you going.
Since 2013, the New York City Department of Education’s Innovation Zone has been tackling a complex challenge – helping students and their families select the right high school to help students accomplish their goals and achieve their dreams. In this course, the team behind the work shares some insights and best practices that they’ve uncovered over the past few years. At the end of the course, you’ll build an action plan to help get you going in the right direction on your first HCD project.
In particular, the team members will share:
- An overview of the School Choice Program and their project’s goals
- Their process for uncovering a core design challenge
- The biggest challenges they’ve experienced, and how they overcame these challenges
- The most impactful lessons they’ve learned throughout the project
Appearing in the course:
- Kara Chesal, Project Director, iZone
- Sonali Murarka, Executive Director, Enrollment Research and Policy
- Vikram Mukhija, Director of Communications, Office of Student Enrollment
- Chelsea Mauldin, Executive Director, Public Policy Lab